Thursday, September 8, 2011

House Divided

TexasTexasTexas Longhorns Window Flag

This is the college that Shane roots for, come hell or high water.  Shane has not attended a day of school here...

Texas Longhorns Double Sided 3x5 Flag

These were our wedding colors, for reals...

 

Remember? Yeah, burnt orange and white, with black to make it all fancy and stuff...

BYU 2

This is where Shane went to college, and where he graduated from college... which also happens to be the school that I grew up in the shadow of, and rooted for, like, forever... I used to say that I bled blue.



   vs 



That is what is going on this weekend...


Here's what the weekend is going to consist of:

1 house with a jacuzzi
4 couples alone without their combined 14 children
4 days in Austin
1 football game
5 BYU grads, 2 former BYU students
2 confirmed die hard UT fans
1 person who knows her team is going to win, no matter what

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wearing a Texas shirt with a BYU jacket.  Just to cover all my bases.  I had grand plans to make shirts that looked like this...




But I got lazy...

But I seriously don't know who to cheer for.  My first love was always BYU, but then I got married to the world's biggest UT fan, and he's sort of now my first love, so I probably should cheer for UT...

Like I mentioned, I think I'll come out ahead, either way I'll have bragging rights!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute post, Brooke! Is the game actually going to happen though?? I just heard yesterday that it may be called off. Your weekend sounds amazing--I hope you get to go and enjoy!

i'm erin. said...

This is hilarious! I can't believe those were your wedding colors. They're pretty. This is how I feel when BYU plays UofH

Slim said...

You need to market those T-shirts. So funny! It was bitter sweet tonight for sure. Put Slyck in a very bad mood. At least UT knows not to use their first string QB anymore. :) Hope you guys have a fun weekend without the kiddos! Kyle was at the game...did you see him?